Become a Volunteer Crisis Counselor.
It's time for you to fulfill that strong need within yourself to change the world a little bit. By doing so, you'll be joining one of the greatest volunteer programs in the universe.
Volunteer Rape Crisis and Domestic Violence Advocates provide crisis counseling, emotional support and advocacy to survivors of sexual and intimate partner violence who seek treatment in the emergency departments of our affiliate hospitals, which include Mount Sinai West and St. Luke's and Lenox Health Greenwich Village. All it takes is a comprehensive 40-hour training (provided by us), two 12-hour shifts per month, and a willingness to do a whole lot of good.
Please get in touch if you're interested in taking our next training in early October 2018. The dates and times of our 2018 training are:
- Thursday, October 11, 5:30-9pm
- Saturday, October 13, 8am-5:15pm
- Sunday, October 14, 8am-5:15pm
- Saturday, October 20, 8am-5:15pm
- Sunday, October 21, 8:30am-5pm
To become an advocate, you must be:
- over 18 years of age
- a resident of Manhattan, Bronx, or Brooklyn
- able to commit to being on-call for two 12-hour shifts per month
- able to commit to the program for at least one year if accepted
- able to attend all training dates above
Interested? How wonderful! Send Julia Phillips, our volunteer coordinator, a message using the form below.
Or better yet, call her at (212) 523-9040.